Yamaha job posting
back end focus software developer
Svexa is looking for a motivated Software Backend Developer. You have experience in developing systems that will operate globally. You will be part of a team developing a system for data analysis and visualization. The system has high demands when it comes to security. This role will be a central part of the team developing new products to analyze athlete training data and provide actionable insights. You will need to prepare data from diverse sports-related sources, then integrate them for effective analysis. The role also includes infrastructure and implementation of AI and deployment in commercial situations.
- Fully remote working (work from home)
- Competitive salary (based on experience and candidate technical skill profile)
- Flexible work hours (but with a few daily hours to overlap CET and Pacific, USA time zone)
- Paid time off, with generous and flexible vacation policy
At svexa, we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. For the first stages of the hiring process the applicants are de-identified to the evaluators.
- Degree in computer science or similar / relevant field.
- 2+ years experience in a similar role(s)
- Previous experience solving challenging technical problems, motivation to learn and develop these skills.
- Good communication skills, fluent in conversational and written English.
- Manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Have remote work as a first choice.
- A deep interest, experience and/or knowledge of sports and exercise.
- Finds joy in building scalable, efficient systems from scratch.
- Skilled at managing your own time and tasks.
- Embrace and enjoy constant change, eager to work in a startup setting.
- Building scalable, globally deployed systems
- Productization of scientific algorithms
- Build product modules and microservices
- Packaging modules into client products
- Unit testing / Code Coverage Visualization
- Build scalable, globally deployed software systems (SysML/UML)
- API Testing (REST API)
- Continuous integration / DevOps
- Third Party data integration (Garmin, Polar, Oura, Catapult etc)
- C / C++
Application shall include
CV including education and experience, plus a description of in what ways remote work is a win for you, and a resume of sports, fitness and health experience and interest.
Portfolio of previous work.
Statement of salary request. Salary will be competitive with flexible hours and generous vacation times.